A world-leading supplier of Electrophoresis and related laboratory products
Drawing on years of manufacturing and laboratory experience, Cleaver Scientific are a UK based electrophoresis equipment suppliers providing premium, high specification, low cost electrophoresis equipment for the world market. The product range includes DNA electrophoresis units, protein electrophoresis units, Electroblotters, Radiation protection and Gel Documentation Equipment.
Based in Rugby, Warwickshire, in the centre of the UK, their premises are well served by both rail and road networks. Their location enables us to serve most businesses worldwide in good time.
Cleaver Scientific is an ISO9001:2008 accredited company and all their products comply with CE regulations.
Cleaver Scientific Gel Systems
Horizontal Gel Systems
Cleaver Scientific’s multiSUB horizontal gel electrophoresis units have been designed by scientists with the laboratory scientist in mind. Through its advanced features each unit provides an easy-to-use. versatile and flexible system to evolve and adapt with the changing needs of today’s laboratory researcher.
- Durable and leak-proof tank design for complete safety and longevity
- Cassette-style electrodes are difficult to break, but inexpensive and easy to change
- The widest range of combs available of any gel tank manufacturer
- Multiple gel tray options eliminate the need for additional gel tanks and allow gels to be cast externally, keeping the tank permanently in use for electrophoresis
- ‘Plug-and-go’ casting – moulded casting dams clip easily onto the ends of the gel tray for rapid external casting
- Red loading guides aid well and sample visualisation during loading
Cellulose acetate electrophoresis is an invaluable technique for clinical diagnostics. Cleaver Scientific’s CellasGEL range is a complete solution including equipment anconsumables to assist in this application. This compact high resolution system for clinical electrophoresis can accommodate strips & gels up to 24x20cm and has a complete range of cellulose and acetate gels and kits available as well as Densitometer software and scanner.
First introduced in 1981 to quantify double-stranded DNA breakages in single cells exposed to γ-irradiation, the Comet Assay (or SCGE) has since been adapted to analyse specific DNA lesions and repair processes. Cleaver Scientific in Partnership with the University of Leicester developed the COMPAC-50 high throughput comet assay tank, allowing a great increase in throughput and huge time savings over traditional systems.
Vertical Gel Systems
The omniPAGE Mini, Mini Wide and new VS20WAVE Systems each comprise of a modular tank design with optional dedicated inserts available for PAGE, blotting and capillary gel isoelectric focusing (IEF), potentially allowing the user to perform up to three techniques in a day.
- Corrosion-resistant, 99.99% pure platinum electrodes
- Elongated thumb locators – colour-coded to prevent polarity reversal and facilitate ‘easy-off’ lid removal
- Reversible combs also serve as loading indicators to aid pipette-well alignment – preventing loading errors
- Dual-purpose PAGE inserts eliminate time-consuming transfer of glass plates between separate casting and running modules
- Cam-Pin caster locks PAGE insert onto the ultra-soft silicone mat within the casting base to provide a leak-free seal
- 2D & blotting options available