Calmodulin, Recombinant Human is a full length (Met1- lys149, Accession # P62158) human recombinant calmodulin protein expressed in E. coli.
Calmodulin is a ubiquitous calcium- binding protein present in all eukaryotic cells and some cell organelles. Calmodulin plays a pivotal role in calcium signal transduction pathway and once it is activated by calcium, it binds to several target proteins downstream including phosphates and kinases and affects many cellular functions.
Calmodulin mediates many processes including inflammation, metabolism, apoptosis, smooth muscle contraction, intracellular movement, short-term and long-term memory and the immune response.
Click here to request bulk or custom sizes.
- Single band purity, >99 % by SDS-PAGE
- Human calmodulin shares 100 % amino acid sequence homoogy with chicken, bovine, rat, mouse, zebrafish, sheep calmodulin and thus can be used for calmodulin functional studies across these species.
- Full length (Met1- lys149, Accession # P62158) human recombinant calmodulin protein expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular weight: 16.8 kD ( NOTE: There is shift in mobility of calmodulin on SDS-PAGE depending upon its interaction with and without calcium and so the obesrved molecular weight on SDS-PAGE gel may vary)
- Purity: >99 % by SDS-PAGE. Single band purity
- Amino acid sequence: MADQLTEEQI AEFKEAFSLF DKDGDGTITT KELGTVMRSL GQNPTEAELQ DMINEVDADG NGTIDFPEFL TMMARKMKDT DSEEEIREAF RVFDKDGNGY ISAAELRHVM TNLGEKLTDE EVDEMIREAD IDGDGQVNYE EFVQMMTA
- Protein amount: determined based on absorbance at 280 nm and molecular extinction co-efficeint of Calmodulin
- Formulation:Lyophilized white powder from 50 mM ammonium bicarbonate with 10 μM CaCl2
- Endotoxin level: not determined
- Shipping,Storage, reconstitution and shelf life: Calmodulin, Recombinant Human is shipped at ambient temperature. Apon arrival reconsitute with desired buffer and store as small aliquots at -20°C. When stored properly the protein is stable for 1 year.
- Alternate names: CAM, CALM Phosphodiesterase 3’:5’- cyclic nucleotide activator, CALM2, PHKD, CAMII, PHKD2, phosphorylase kinase delta.
- Functional studies including calcium binding, calmodulin mediated regulation of different target proteins
- Activation of cyclic nucleotide-dependent phosphodiesterase
- Calmodulin acts as co-factor or activator for kinase studies
- Studies of edema factor toxin and anthrax bacteria
- Calmodulin meditiated inhibition assays study
- Affinity chromatograpghy to purify or study calmodulin binding proteins.