Immunoprecipitation (IP) is one of the most useful immunochemical techniques. IPs are routinely used to determine the presence and quantity of an antigen, molecular weight of a polypeptide, rate of synthesis or degradation, identify certain post translational modifications and interactions with other proteins, nucleic acids and ligands. IPs consist of four main steps:
1. Labeling of the antigen (Optional step)
2. Release of antigen by cell lysis
3. Formation of antibody-antigen complexes
4. Purification of the immune complexes.
G-Biosciences Classic Immunoprecipitation kit contains all the reagents necessary to complete all aspects of immunoprecipitation, with the exception of labeling. The kit is supplied with Immobilized Protein A/G resin, spin columns and buffers. The kit is designed for effective immunoprecipitations using <10µg antibody. The kit is suitable for 50 reactions using 10µl Immobilized Protein A/G Agarose.
- Rapid immunoprecipitations
- Mild elution conditions
- Suitable for most common immunoglobulins
- For traditional immunoprecipitations