G-Biosciences Colloidal Blue Stain is a mass spectrometry compatible stain that offers nanogram sensitive detection of proteins. The stain offers ten times more sensitivity compared to classical Coomassie R- or G-250 detection. The Colloidal Blue Stain is able to detect <10ng BSA. In addition, the protein bands are visualized on crystal clear backgrounds, following a water wash, allowing for optimal densitometry results.
Based on the original work of Volker Neuhoff et al. Using the colloidal properties of G-250 that reduces free dye in solution, they demonstrated shorter staining times, high sensitivity, clear background without the need for destaining or stepwise staining.
- Mass spectrometry compatible
- Highly sensitive (>10ng BSA), outperforms classical Coomassie staining methods
- Ideal for densitometry analysis, blue bands on clear background
- Single reagent
- For mass spectrometry analysis of proteins
- Staining proteins in polyacrylamide and agarose gels
- Staining of proteins in isoelectric focusing gels (IEF)