HOOK™ NHS-Biotin reacts with protein primary amines. Amines, lysine ε-amines and N-terminal α-amines, are the most abundant group in protein molecules and represent the most common target for biotinylation. For example, BSA contains 59 primary amines, of which up to 35 are available on the surface of the molecules and can be reacted with amine reactive esters.
The kit is designed for the conjugation of biotin to protein primary amine groups and is supplied with 25mg HOOK™ NHS-Biotin, a specific Optimizer Buffer™, for enhanced conjugation, Spin-OUT™ columns, for purification of labeled protein, and reagents to determine the amount of biotinylation.
Each kit is designed for the coupling of 1-10mg protein in 1ml buffer, suitable for 10 couplings.
This product is an improvement of BK-01 and its direct replacement.
- Synonym: N-Succinimidyl D-biotinate, succinimidyl biotin
- CAS Number: 35013-72-0
- Linear Formula: C14H19N3O5S
- Molecular Weight: 341.38
- Spacer Arm (Å): 13.5
- Reactive Group: NHS-ester
- Membrane Permeable: YES
- Water Soluble: NO
- Cleavable/ Reversible: NO
- Reaction pH: 7-9
- Complete kit for labeling protein primary amines
- Labels 1-10mg protein/reaction
- Suitable for 10 coupling reactions