HOOK™-PEG2-Iodoacetyl-Biotin reacts with protein free sulhydryl groups. Sulfhydryl reactive reagents are more specific and react only with free sulfhydryl residues (-SH or thiol groups). The side chain of the amino acid cysteine is the most common source of free sulfhydryl groups. If free sulfhydryl resides are not available, they can be generated by either the reduction of disulfides (-S-S-) with reducing agents such as mercaptoethylamine, or by modifying lysine E-amines with Traut’s reagent or SATA.
The kit is designed for the conjugation of biotin to protein primary sulfhydryl groups and is supplied with 25mg HOOK™-PEG2-Iodoacetyl-Biotin, a specific Optimizer Buffer™ for enhanced conjugation, Spin-OUT™ columns for purification of labelled protein, and reagents to determine the amount of biotinylation.
HOOK™-PEG2-Iodoacetyl-Biotin labeling kit is designed for the coupling of 1-10mg protein in 1ml buffer, suitable for 10 couplings.
This product is an improvement of BK-11 and its direct replacement.
- Complete kit for labeling protein free sulfhydryl groups
- Optimizer Buffer for improved coupling efficiency
- Gel filtration columns for rapid (<10 minute) purification
- Biotin assay reagents to determine level of biotin incorporation
- Labels 1-10mg protein/reaction
- Suitable for 10 coupling reactions