The blot is prepared using total protein extracted from a variety of species, where whole species is not available the whole liver lysate is used. These blots can be used to identify similar proteins in other species, including human, chicken, frog, worm, drosophila, yeast, aspergillus, E. coli, rhizobium and green algae.
The premade blots are prepared with the appropriate GenLysate and 50μg protein is loaded onto a 4-20% denaturing polyacrylamide gel, along with a prestained molecular weight marker. After the proteins are resolved they are transferred to a PVDF membrane, using Efficient Western Transfer Buffer.
The blots are ready to be blocked and probed with the antibodies of choice.
Note: We recommend that customers contact our technical department for the latest information on the blots as G-Biosciences reserves the right to change the blot profile due to the availability of GenLysate.
Blot lane order:
- Protein marker
- Human Liver (Homo sapiens)
- Chicken Liver (Gallus gallus)
- Frog Liver (Rana blairi)
- Drosophila (Drosophila melanogaster)
- Earthworm (Aporrectodea trapezoides)
- Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Aspergillus (Aspergillus niger)
- Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana)
- Sweet Corn (Zea mays)
- Cotton (Gossypium hirsutum)
- Barley (Hordeum vulgare)
- Green Algae (Chlamydomonas reinhardtii)
- Rhizobium (Rhizobium leguminosarum)
- E.Coli (Escherischia coli)