LabSafe GEL Blue™ is an enhanced protein stain based on Coomassie dye that offers unsurpassed sensitivity and rapid band visualization. LabSafe GEL Blue™ is supplied in a ready-to-use format that is added directly to protein gels following electrophoresis after a brief wash step.
LabSafe GEL Blue™ is an ultra sensitive stain that is able to detect as little as 4ng protein (see figure below). Protein bands are visible in as little as 3 minutes, with maximal staining achieved in an hour. The figure shows that LabSafe GEL Blue™ can detect protein levels as low as 4ng BSA. 60 to1000ng BSA is detectable in 5 to 10 minutes, and the low levels of BSA (<8ng) become clearly visible when washed in water.
- Sensitive, 4-8ng BSA
- Saves time, band develops within 3 minutes
- Avoids the use of methanol, acetic acid, or other toxic agents
- Works with native PAGE, SDS-PAGE, isoelectric focusing, or 2D gels
- Staining of protein electrophoresis gels
- Suitable for native, denaturing, isoelectric focusing, and 2D gels