Rapidly, mix 1µl protein sample with the supplied Dilution Buffer and apply 1µl of the solution to the test strip by point-of-contact capillary action. Under the assay’s specific buffer conditions the protein enters into the matrix of the test strip, binds and saturates as protein diffuses in a circular manner. Develop the test strip in approximately 5 minutes. A circular protein spot is produced. The diameter of the spot is proportional to the concentration. By measuring the diameter of the spots with the Protein dotMETRIC™ scale you can easily determine concentration of protein (See Figure). No expensive spectrophotometers or cuvettes required.
When a protein solution is serially diluted and spotted onto the test strip, eventually a dilution is reached beyond which the protein spots are not visible; i.e., the dilution has reached the limit of detection (DLD™). The dilution factor required to reach the limit of detection is used for the determination of protein concentration (See figure 1 below).
- Spot Application Device (Cat. # 786-63): For use with Protein dotMETRIC™ protein assay. Simplifies the application of one or more samples and improves reliability of results. See figure 2 below.
- Application Glass Capillary Tips (Cat. # 786-23): 1µl Application glass capillary tips for Protein dotMETRIC™ Protein assay, for use with Spot Application device. Simplifies the application of one or more samples as well as improves reliability of results.
- Sample Application (pipette) Tips (Cat. # 786-64): For use with Protein dotMETRIC™ protein assay, 1-10µl pipettor tips to be used with standard laboratory pipettes.
- Developing Trays (Cat. # 786-24): Trays for developing test strips for Protein dotMETRIC™ protein assay.
- Sample Economy: Use as little as 1µl of sample.
- Rapid Assay: Takes 8-10 minutes and can assay as little as 2ng BSA.
- No Protein-to-Protein Variation: dotMETRIC™ assay is independent of protein-to-protein variation.
Resistant to Detergents, Reducing Agents & Other Laboratory Agents
Versatile Protein Assay: Because of no protein-to-protein variation and tolerance to a wide variety of common laboratory agents, Protein dotMETRIC™ is a versatile protein assay.
- For rapid estimation of protein concentration.
- For determination of protein concentration in cellular fractions, tissue & cell lysates and chromatography purification fractions.
- For protein samples containing common laboratory agents, such as reducing agents (ß-mercaptoethanol, DTT), chelating agents, detergents, amines, sugars and many other agents.
- To determine protein concentration in gel loading (SDS-PAGE) sample buffers.
- When limited amount of sample is available for analysis; requires only 1µl protein sample.