An ultra sensitive and ready-to-use protein stain based on Coomassie dye. No mixing or preparation is involved. No fixation step is needed. Simply rinse gel, add RAPIDstain™ and protein bands develop within 5 to10 minutes, reaching a maximum visibility in an hour. Mini-gels can be stained in 10 minutes.
RAPIDstain™ only stains protein, leaving a crystal-clear background resulting in high band visibility. The gels require no destaining. The protein band intensity is enhanced by simply rinsing with water.
RAPIDstain™ has the sensitivity to detect as little as 4 to 8ng BSA. Staining shows a linear response for densitometric gel analysis and produces sharp scanning or photographic results.
RAPIDstain™ is supplied in 1 liter, sufficient reagent to stain up to 50 mini gels (8 x 10cm) or as a 1 gallon size for staining up to 200 mini gels
- Ultra sensitive: 4-8ng BSA
- Time Saving: band develops in 5-10 minutes
- Single step method
- No methanol or acetic acid destaining agents
- For the staining of protein electrophoresis (polyacrylamide) gels
- Compatible with native PAGE, SDS-PAGE, denaturing, isoelectric focusing, or 2D gels