The Sulfhydryl Immobilization Kit for Peptides is designed for the simple and efficient coupling of sulfhydryl-containing peptides to a solid agarose support. The Sulfhydryl Coupling Resin Columns utilizes iodoacetyl groups that specifically react with free sulfhydryls to form covalent, permanent thioether bonds (see figure). The long spacer arm reduces steric hindrance and ensures greater binding of proteins and antibodies during affinity purification.
Peptides must have free sulfhydryls for immobilization to the resin. The supplied Protein-S-S-Reductant™ reducing agent efficiently reduces disulfide bonds and does not interfere with the iodoacetyl coupling reaction. Protein-S-S-Reductant™ offers the advantage that it does not require removal before peptide immobilization.
The resulting columns can be used for the purification of antibodies that have been raised against the specific peptide. The columns, depending on the stability of the peptide, can be used several times without significant loss of activity.
For generating protein affinity columns through sulfhydryls, we recommend our Sulfhydryl Immobilization Kit for Proteins
- Generates 5 reusable affinity columns
- Spin Format
- Specific conjugation through free sulfhydryls
- High Capacity: 2-4mg peptide
- Specific kit for peptides
- Supplied with reducing agent for generation of free sulfhydryls
- Immobilize peptides for purification of antibodies raised against that specific peptide