Protein Marker PS11 contains 11 proteins that resolve into sharp, tight bands in the range of 10-175 kDa. The Protein Ladder allows to monitor molecular weight separation during electrophoresis, estimate molecular weights The marker is ready-to-use. There is no need to boil. Easy to identify: includes the ~10, ~40 and ~90 kDa reference bands coupled with an blue dye
• Monitoring of protein migration during SDS-
polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.
• Monitoring of protein transfer onto membranes
during Western blotting.
• Sizing of proteins on SDS-polyacrylamide gels
and Western blots.
Mini gel application: 5 μl/well; 2.5 µl per well blots
Standard gel application: 10 μl/well; 5 µl per well for blots
Number of bands: 11 10.5, 14, 22, 29, 42, 51, 62, 70, 95, 130, 175 kDa
Protocol /Stability tests / Quality Tests
Loading Denaturing Polyacrylamide gels (SDS-PAGE):
– Thaw marker at room temperature or heat at 37 – 40 °C for a few minutes. Do not boil!
– Vortex gently to ensure the solution is
homogeneous and load the ladder on SDS-
– 5 μl per well for mini-gels, 2.5 μl per well for blots
– 10 μl per well for large gels, 5 μl per well for blots
1 ml marker is sufficient for 200 mini gels or 100 standard gels.
It is recommended to divide the marker into aliquots to avoid contamination of the stock solution.