The Protein Marker PS10 PLUS is a mixture of 10 purified proteins which are re-dissolved ‘ready-to-use’ in loading buffer. The proteins resolve into 10 sharp bands in the range of 11-180 kDa when analysed by SDS-PAGE and stained with optimized dyes. The marker is ready-to-use. There is no need to boil.
• Monitoring of protein migration during SDS-polyacrylamide gel
• Monitoring of protein transfer onto membranes during Western
• Sizing of proteins on SDS-polyacrylamide gels and Western blots.
Mini gel application: 10 μl/well; 5 µl per well blots
Standard gel application: 20 μl/well; 10 µl per well for blots
Number of bands: 10 11, 17, 25, 35, 48, 63, 75, 100,135, 180 kDa
Protocol /Stability tests / Quality Tests
Loading Denaturing Polyacrylamide gels (SDS-PAGE):
– Thaw marker at room temperature or heat at 37 – 40 °C for a few minutes. Do not boil!
– Vortex gently to ensure the solution is homogeneous and load the ladder on SDS-polyacrylamide gel
– 10 μl per well for mini-gels, 5 μl per well for blots
– 20 μl per well for large gels, 10 μl per well for blots
1 ml marker is sufficient for 100 mini gels or 50 standard gels.
It is recommended to divide the marker into aliquots to avoid contamination of the stock solution.